They receive 5,000 euros to support their development, as well as technical and media exposure.
The second selection committee meeting on March 29, 2023 unveiled the 4 new winners. They are :
- Yes we can net: A solidarity grocery store in Mayotte that offers discounts (-30/40%) for the return of cans.
- Anga: high-end interior furniture made from LDPE plastic waste (plastic bags, thin stretch film, etc.).
- Hoali: A reusable, graduated water bottle to be used in a network of establishments (bars, restaurants, stores, hotels...) for zero-waste consumption on the go. Hoali also features a QRcode that indicates self-service water points for gourd users by connecting it with the #gourdefriendly sticker, which gives access to the cartography that will geolocate the consumer after scanning the QR Code.
- Réutiliz: Collection, washing and redistribution system for glass jars and bottles on Reunion Island. Réutiliz also offers returnable takeaway trays for restaurants.
The jury is made up of representatives from the entire packaging value chain, from producers to recyclers, consumers and other reuse operators: Federec, Cercle National du Recyclage, Réseau Vrac and Printerre Groupe.
The jury will meet again in June; candidates wishing to participate can submit their projects via this link before May 17, 2023.
The program is open to companies and associations of all sizes wishing to promote or launch initiatives around a circular packaging economy. To be eligible, projects must meet one of three criteria:
- Propose a product that uses innovative recyclable or reusable packaging,
- Or propose a solution for collecting or processing packaging to facilitate reuse or recycling,
- Or offer a product made from recycled household packaging.
Each application is studied by the Léko and Ulule teams, and the jury selects the most relevant projects. The ten projects selected over the entire campaign will each receive €5,000 in financial support, personalized coaching and special promotion in the Ulule and Léko communities through a video.
Finally, in June 2023, the ten winning projects will be put to the public vote. An additional grand prize of €10, 000 will be awarded to the project with the most votes.